Heirs of the Coven

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum holding the rules of a system and the actions of my players.

Agent Skills

Ginno the Seer
    Admin

Agent Skills Empty Agent Skills

Post by Ginno the Seer Sun Sep 10, 2023 11:09 pm

Skills will be measured between zero and ten, ten being the best person in the world. Certain items or followers will supplement or replace the Agent's ability based on certain situations.

So while there is a massive list of possibilities to put in the game given the nature of real-life, I don't quite have that ability(or time). So the skills will be just things that come up in missions.

I don't have a comprehensive list yet but I do have some ideas.
    Each weapon will have a skill bar, swords, bows, maces.
    An agent's Strength, Endurance and Intelligence will also be tracked as skills.
    Unsure if Alchemy would be subdivided into 'harmful' and 'non-harmful' potions.
    Stealth, lock picking, pickpocketing. I figure these would get a small bonus based on how dexterous the agent is.
    I want something indicating how good or quickly your agent travels on the road, sort of like "athleticism" in Oblivion but that sounds like an "Endurance" overlap, so "Pathfinding" I guess?

There's a bunch of video games to steal from, and every edition of D&D.
    Ginno the Seer
    Admin

Agent Skills Empty AD&D's skill list

Post by Ginno the Seer Fri Aug 16, 2024 3:54 pm

https://people.wku.edu/charles.plemons/ad&d/nonweapon.html

Its a large list, categorized via class, which isn't a thing in my game.
    Ginno the Seer
    Admin

Agent Skills Empty D&D 2e's skill list

Post by Ginno the Seer Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:00 pm

https://adnd2e.fandom.com/wiki/Nonweapon_Proficiency_Groups_(POSP)

The skills are fewer number, still class divided.
    Ginno the Seer
    Admin

Agent Skills Empty Re: Agent Skills

Post by Ginno the Seer Fri Aug 16, 2024 4:08 pm

Considering speech craft to be its own skill, but just as easily bluffing and persuasion have been depicted as separate skills despite both being in the speech craft category.

So here's an idea.

"Speech craft" is its own thing, but after a certain amount of progress, the player can choose what of the normal variations they'd like the agent to focus on. The player can choose bluffing and that gets a bonus of some kind but all the others get a negative when its time to roll that variation.
    This wouldn't be required to progress the entire tree, but is an optional means of specializing.

This specializing can be applied to other skills.

Sponsored content

Agent Skills Empty Re: Agent Skills

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Sep 20, 2024 6:19 pm