Heirs of the Coven

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A forum holding the rules of a system and the actions of my players.

Simulated Economy

Ginno the Seer
    Admin

Simulated Economy Empty Simulated Economy

Post by Ginno the Seer Sun Sep 24, 2023 4:24 pm

So as much as I personally *want* some kind of system that simulates an entire supply chain, from grain shortages to worker surpluses, I don't think that will actually add anything to this experience, especially since the player isn't responsible for building or economy management of any kind.

So instead, I think a "Wealth" system should be used.

"Wealth" as I defined it in the past, was 5000 gold pieces for a homebrew D&D game I was running, it was inspired by Birthright and I was frustrated with that system's rules so I made my own.
    In my Homebrew "Wealth" was not a unit of something to be used or traded, but rather your land generated a certain amount of wealth and you had to invest it in different things otherwise you'd lose it at the end of the season. Certain things, such as soldiers, had an upfront wealth cost and an upkeep cost.
    My idea behind this was I didn't want waiting to be the best option a player has.

-

Wealth in this game.

Land will generate a certain amount of Wealth, Lord AIs will use it to build armies, build forts, host parties, but also certain processes of state will require Wealth. The specifics aren't important, can be left to flavor text.

So if there's some event, say a flood or a raid, Wealth will be down and suddenly the Lord can't afford to maintain some troops, that's an opportunity the player can capitalize on, I hope.

Depending on the severity, it'll take one or multiple months to fully recover the wealth generation.

-

Wealth for the player.

I'm not really sure if the player should have access to money, or if there should be a selection of resources they can spend, like "prestige" in CK2&3. If I were to do that, I'd make it so only some things could be gained/bought with gold and other things with prestige, make it so money isn't the end-all be-all.

Since inevitably the player's Agents will bribe someone, money might just be relegated to flavor text, but then it would need to be equally effective as other methods or have specific use cases where a bribe might be the wrong option.

Current date/time is Sat Jun 29, 2024 4:56 am